Summit ARS18PV Upright Vaccine Refrigerator
Accucold’s Pharma-Vac Performance Series are upright all-refrigerators designed and purpose-built for pharmacy, medication, and vaccine applications to support meeting CDC/VFC guidelines, with a powder-coated silver ion handle that helps prevent germ spread.
The ARS18PV is a 18 cu.ft. all-refrigerator with an adjustable control range from +2 to +8ºC. The microprocessor temperature controller is externally located to minimize door openings, helping to protect stored contents from ambient temperature. The buffered temperature probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle to better simulate temperature of the stored product, with an additional sensor that reads air temperature to ensure superior temperature control. The current and min/max temperature display is viewable in Celsius or Fahrenheit to the nearest tenth of a degree. The audible and visual temperature alarm sounds if the unit’s interior goes out of range. Additional alarms include a power failure alert, door open alarm, and sensor failure alarm. This unit is equipped with remote alarm contacts in the rear and a 1/2″ probe port on the right side to accept additional monitoring devices. A hospital grade cord with ‘green dot’ plug is also included for added safety in high traffic areas.
Inside, the ARS18PV utilizes adjustable cycle defrost operation to avoid temperature spikes. Optimized forced air cooling with one internal fan ensures excellent temperature stability and uniformity with rapid recovery after door openings. The adjustable plastic-coated wire shelves can be positioned at 1/2″ increments to accommodate virtually any sized item. We include seven shelves, more than competitor products providing to maximize interior shelving storage area. This unit includes LED internal lighting with an on/off rocker switch. The interior is constructed from white powder coated metal to ensure added durability and better temperature retention.
The ARS18PV comes in a white exterior finish with a blue accented control panel and user-reversible door. The factory-installed antimicrobial handle is powder-coated with naturally occurring silver ions, which help to reduce the spread of germs, allowing for a safer, cleaner user experience. This model includes a factory-installed lock and ships with two keys for staff use. Powerful magnetic gaskets ensure a positive seal. Four pre-installed 3″ high casters with brakes make it easier to move as needed.
Designed with hydrocarbon refrigerant, the ARS18PV provides an energy efficient solution to vaccine storage. This unit is Pyxis, Omnicell, and AcuDose RX compatible. Additional sizes, as well as glass door options, are also available. Explore the full Pharma-Vac series at accucold.com/pharmavac.
NOTE: Accucold refrigerators are purpose-built to the support meeting the current CDC (Centers for Disease Control) guidelines for the storage of vaccines. At this time, Accucold refrigerators have not been evaluated to the new NSF 456 standard. As referenced in the current Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit, these units incorporate microprocessor controls and forced air circulation for stable operation between 2 and 8ºC. For additional temperature assurance, the CDC recommends a calibrated digital data logger (DDL), which can be added with the factory-installed option DL2B or addition of the DL2BKit accessory.
Vaccine Refrigerator Features:
- Purpose-built design– Designed and purpose-built for pharmacy, medication, and vaccine applications to support meeting CDC/VFC guidelines
- +/-1ºC Variation– The published temperature variation is derived from the maximum deviation of an NTC sensor in a 1 oz. vial located nearest the chamber geometric center during a 24 hour test period
- Antimicrobial silver ion-coated handle– Powder-coated handle with naturally occurring silver ions to help reduce the spread of germs
- Adjustable temperature– Intuitive controls let you adjust the interior temperature between +2 to +8ºC
- Temperature alarm– Visual and audible alarms alert if the interior temperature rises or falls out of set range
- Remote alarm contacts– Electronic controller is equipped with a volt-free contact for alarm forwarding to an external remote system (contacts located in the external rear of the unit)
- Automatic defrost with adjustable cycle defrost– Adjustable cycle defrost operation ensures the unit avoid temperature spikes and ice buildup
- Access port– Includes a pre-installed 1/2″ probe hole in the right interior wall to allow easier connection to user-provided monitoring equipment
- Open door alarm– Alarm will sound if the door is left ajar for over 4 minutes (adjustable from 1-99 minutes)
- Audible power failure alarm– Battery-powered alarm sounds if the power connection is interrupted
- Sensor failure alarm– Audible and visual alarm warns if the sensor is disrupted
- Password protection– Control panel requires password entry to adjust the parameters beyond the set point
- Microprocessor control panel– Digital controls with a large LED readout in Celsius or Fahrenheit for intuitive temperature management
- Resettable min/max display– Control panel provides a readout of the low and high temperatures in 15 minute increments
- Factory-installed lock– Keyed lock conveniently located towards the top of the door for added security (2 keys included)
- Adjustable plastic coated wire shelves for improved circulation– Shelves can be positioned with a front lip for small storage items or reversed to a flat position to better hold larger items, with multiple shelf positions spaced at 1/2″ to accommodate virtually any size
- Hospital grade cord with ‘green dot’ plug– Secure three-pronged cord for added unit safety
- Durable interior– Walls are constructed from white powder coated metal for added strength and improved temperature retention
- Interior light– Energy efficient LED lighting with internal on/off switch
- Reversible door– User-reversible door swing for added flexibility
- Magnetic door gasket– Quality door gaskets ensure a tight seal for energy savings and improved performance
- Locking casters– Four pre-installed 3″ wheels with brakes ensure smooth mobility, making it easier to clean around and underneath the unit as needed
- Extended warranty– 2 years parts and labor/5 years compressor
- Eco-Friendly– Using environmentally friendly hydrocarbons refrigerants for a greener footprint
- Usage stickers– Ships with removable warning stickers for “DO NOT UNPLUG,” “DO NOT ADJUST TEMPERATURE,” and “DO NOT STORE PERSONAL ITEMS”
- Additional choices– Solid and glass door choices available from 1 to 15 cu.ft. Browse the Pharma-Vac series for more information
- Versatile design– Compatible with Pyxis®, Omnicell®, and AcuDose RX®
- 100% CFC free– Environmentally friendly design without ozone-damaging chemicals
- CARB Compliant– Environmentally friendly hydrocarbon-based refrigerant for a greener footprint that meets current CARB regulations
Vaccine Refrigerator Overview:
- Height of Cabinet– 78.5″
- Width– 27.5″
- Width with Door Open– 28.0″
- Depth– 26.0″
- Depth with Handle– 27.75″
- Depth with door at 90°– 52.0″
- Capacity– 18.0 cu.ft.
- Defrost Type– Automatic
- Door– White
- Cabinet– White
- US Electrical Safety– ETL
- Canadian Electrical Safety– ETL-C
- Amps– 1.5
- Voltage/Frequency– 115 V AC/60 Hz
- Weight– 275.0 lbs.
- Shipping Weight– 300.0 lbs.
- Parts & Labor Warranty– 2 Years
- Compressor Warranty– 5 Years
- UPC– 761101084183
Vaccine Refrigerator Features:
- Door Swing– RHD
- Reversible– Yes
- Shelf Type– Wire
- Shelf Qty– 7
- Adjustable Shelves– Yes
- Thermostat Type– Digital
- Fan Type– Interior
- Refrigerant Type– R290a
- Refrigerant Amount– 1.75oz.
- High Side PSI– 280.0
- Low Side PSI– 90.0
- Wheel Qty– 4
- Interior Light– Yes
- Temperature Range– 2 to 8ºC
Vaccine Refrigerator Dimensions:
- Interior Height– 68.5″
- Interior Width– 24.13″
- Interior Depth– 18.75″
- Compressor Step Height– 6.5″
- Compressor Step Width– 24.13″
- Compressor Step Depth– 6.5″
Available Exterior Upgrades:
- DTFAR– Temperature display converted to Fahrenheit
- LHD– Left hand door swing
- DL2B– Factory installed NIST calibrated digital data logger (DDL)
- KAL– Keyless Access Lock
Summit Appliance manufactures compact and specialty major appliances: including refrigerators, freezers, laboratory and scientific refrigeration and refrigerated and freezer drawers. Our products are grouped into: laboratory, medical and scientific refrigerators and freezers.
Medical Equipment for Medical Professionals