Summit FS30LMED2 Compact Medical Vaccine Freezer
Accucold’s Summit FS30LMED2 Compact Medical Vaccine Freezer puts the most commonly requested features into a quality line of all-refrigerators and freezers specially designed to store vaccines and other sensitive materials in medical, scientific, pharmaceutical, and laboratory institutions.
The Summit FS30LMED2 Compact Medical Vaccine Freezer is a compact manual defrost all-freezer designed for use on top of counters. This unit is designed with an external front control panel that allows users to adjust and monitor the temperature without opening the door and exposing stored contents to ambient temperature. A keyed lock offers security and a hospital grade ‘green dot’ cord provides added safety in high traffic environments.
As recommended by the CDC and VFC programs, the FS30LMED2 is equipped with a NIST calibrated thermometer that displays the current, minimum, and maximum temperatures to the nearest tenth of a degree with a readout viewable in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Each FS30LMED2 ships with a certificate of calibration for your records. The thermometer includes an audible alarm to warn users if the interior has gone out of the programmed temperature range. The buffered temperature probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle to best simulate the temperature of other stored contents, resulting in the utmost accuracy for temperature reporting. We include a pre-installed 3/8″ probe hole for users who wish to install additional monitoring equipment.
The Summit FS30LMED2 Compact Medical Vaccine Freezer features a 1.8 cu.ft. interior capacity. Two adjustable wire shelves offer convenient storage. It can operate as low at -20ºC, ideal for storing certain vaccines and other sensitive medical contents. This unit has a flat door liner as recommended by the CDC.
All MED2 series units are assembled in the USA from domestic and imported components. The FS30LMED2 can be paired with a matching all-refrigerator (FF28LWHMED2). This unit can also be customized with additional features, including a power-out alarm or USB temperature logger with a digital display. Contact our product specialists to learn more. Products in the MED2 series come with a two year warranty on parts and labor and a five year warranty on the compressor.
*NOTE: This unit’s thermostat is pre-set for Celsius. If you prefer Fahrenheit, add complimentary option DTMEDF or let your sales representative know upon order.
NOTE: Accucold freezers are purpose-built to the support meeting the current CDC (Centers for Disease Control) guidelines for the storage of vaccines. As referenced in the current Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit, these units incorporate several key features for stable operation. For additional temperature assurance, the CDC recommends a calibrated digital data logger (DDL), which can be added with the factory-installed option DL2B or addition of the DL2BKit accessory. Select Accucold products have been tested and certified to the new NSF 456 standard, and are now available for purchase. For additional information, contact our products specialists.
Medical Vaccine Freezer Features:
- Reliable temperature stability– Designed and engineered to store vaccines and other sensitive materials under stable temperature conditions.
- Digital thermostat–Digital microprocessor for easy and precise temperature management, with all controls externally located for added convenience.
- High/low temperature alarm– Audible alarm sounds if the interior temperature rises or falls out of set range.
- NIST calibrated temperature display– Alarm includes continuous NIST calibrated display of the current interior and high/low temperature, and can be switched from Celsius to Fahrenheit at the touch of a button.
- Buffered temperature probe– Thermometer probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle and stored in a fixed box on the center shelf. This is the ideal way to produce temperature readings closest to stored contents, as recommended by the CDC and VFC’s guidelines.
- Factory installed lock– Keyed lock conveniently located towards the top of the door for added security (2 keys included).
- Manual defrost– Static cooling system for reduced temperature fluctuations.
- Hospital grade cord with ‘green dot’ plug– Secure three-pronged cord for added unit safety in high traffic areas.
- 3/8″ access port– Unit comes with a factory installed probe hole for users to connect their own monitoring equipment.
- Adjustable wire shelves– Rearrange freezer space to accommodate all sizes or remove shelves for simple cleanup
- Flat door liner– Interior design conforms to CDC guidelines to ensure stable conditions for sensitive materials.
- Fully finished white cabinet– Allows the unit to be used freestanding.
- Foamed-in-place cabinet– Quality design ensures efficiently insulated interior.
- Magnetic door gasket– Quality door gaskets ensure a tight seal for energy savings and improved performance.
- Matching refrigerator available– Pair with the FF28LWHMED2 to create a complete set.
- Factory reversible door– Standard unit ships with a right hand door swing. For a left hand door swing, add option LHD upon order (due to its construction, this door is not reversible in the field).
- Extended warranty– This unit comes with a two-year limited warranty on parts & labor and five-year warranty on the compressor.
- Approved for use in the USA and Canada– ETL and ETL-C listed for North American sales.
- 100% CFC Free– Environmentally friendly design with no ozone-damaging chemicals.
Medical Vaccine Freezer Specifications:
- Height of Cabinet– 26.5″
- Width– 18.5″
- Depth– 17.75″
- Depth with door at 90°– 34.5″
- Capacity– 1.8 cu.ft.
- Defrost Type– Manual
- Door– White
- Cabinet– White
- US Electrical Safety– ETL
- Canadian Electrical Safety– ETL-C
- Amps– 0.8
- Weight– 50.0 lbs.
- Shipping Weight– 72.0 lbs.
- Parts & Labor Warranty– 2 Years
- Compressor Warranty– 5 Years
- Door Swing– RHD
- Reversible– Factory Reversible
- Interior Height– 18.5″
- Interior Width– 13.5″
- Interior Depth– 13.0″
- Shelf Type– Wire
- Shelf Qty– 2
- Thermostat Type– Digital
- Refrigerant Type– R600a
- Refrigerant Amount– 0.80 oz.
- Level Legs– 2
- Compressor Step Height– 7.5″
- Compressor Step Width– 13.5″
- Compressor Step Depth– 6.0″
- Temperature Range– -20 to -15ºC
Summit Appliance manufactures compact and specialty major appliances: including refrigerators, freezers, laboratory and scientific refrigeration and refrigerated and freezer drawers. Our products are grouped into: laboratory, medical and scientific refrigerators and freezers.