Summit FS24LMED2 Compact Medical Freezer
Summit FS24LMED2 Compact Medical Freezer designed and constructed to meet strict CDC and VFC freezer guidelines that measures 21.75″ H x 18.5″ W x 17.63″ D.
Medical Freezer Overview:
- Specially designed and featured to meet the CDC and VFC’s guidelines for safe vaccine storage
- User-friendly front control panel keeps the thermostat and alarm in reach without having to open the door
- Assembled in the USA from domestic and imported components
- High temperature alarm includes NIST calibrated external temperature readout (NIST certificate included)
- Compact “cube” size is ideal for use on top of counters
Accucold’s MED2 series puts the most commonly requested features into a quality line of all-refrigerators and freezers specially designed to store vaccines and other sensitive materials in medical, scientific, pharmaceutical, and laboratory institutions.
The Summit FS24LMED2 Compact Medical Freezer is a compact manual defrost all-freezer designed for use on top of counters. This unit is designed with an external front control panel that allows users to adjust and monitor the temperature without opening the door and exposing stored contents to ambient temperature. A keyed lock offers security and a hospital grade ‘green dot’ cord provides added safety in high traffic environments.
As recommended by the CDC and VFC programs, the Summit FS24LMED2 Compact Medical Freezer is equipped with a NIST calibrated thermometer that displays the current, minimum, and maximum temperatures to the nearest tenth of a degree with a readout viewable in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Each FS24LMED2 ships with a certificate of calibration for your records. The thermometer includes an audible alarm to warn users if the interior has gone out of the programmed temperature range. The buffered temperature probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle to best simulate the temperature of other stored contents, resulting in the utmost accuracy for temperature reporting. We include a pre-installed 3/8″ probe hole for users who wish to install additional monitoring equipment.
The Summit FS24LMED2 Compact Medical Freezer features a 1.4 cu.ft. interior capacity. A removable wire shelf offers convenient storage. It can operate as low at -20ºC, ideal for storing certain vaccines and other sensitive medical contents. This unit has a flat door liner as recommended by the CDC.
All MED2 series units are assembled in the USA from domestic and imported components. The Summit FS24LMED2 Compact Medical Freezer can be paired with a matching all-refrigerator (FFAR24LMED2). This unit can also be customized with additional features, including a power-out alarm or USB temperature logger with a digital display. Contact our product specialists to learn more. Products in the MED2 series come with a two year warranty on parts and labor and a five year warranty on the compressor.
*NOTE: This unit’s thermostat is pre-set for Celsius. If you prefer Fahrenheit, add complimentary option DTMEDF or let your sales representative know upon order.
Medical Freezer Features:
- Reliable temperature stability– Designed and engineered to store vaccines and other sensitive materials under stable temperature conditions
- Digital thermostat– Electronic controls for more precise temperature management, with temperature readout and controls externally located for added convenience
- High/low temperature alarm– Audible alarm sounds if the interior temperature rises or falls out of set range
- NIST calibrated temperature display– Alarm includes continuous NIST calibrated display of the current interior and high/low temperature, and can be switched from
- Celsius to Fahrenheit at the touch of a button
- Buffered temperature probe– Thermometer probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle to maintain temperature readings closest to stored contents, as recommended by the CDC and VFC’s guidelines
- Factory installed lock– Keyed lock for convenient security, with two keys included
- Manual defrost– Static cooling system for reduced temperature fluctuations
- Hospital grade cord and plug– Secure three-pronged cord for added unit safety
- 3/8″ access port– Unit comes with a factory installed probe hole for users to connect their own monitoring equipment
- Removable shelf– Includes one wire shelf for easier storage
- Flat door liner– Interior design conforms to CDC guidelines to ensure stable conditions for sensitive materials
- Fully finished white cabinet– Allows the unit to be used freestanding
- Foamed-in-place cabinet– Quality design ensures efficiently insulated interior
- Magnetic door gasket– Quality door gaskets ensure a tight seal for energy savings and improved performance
- Matching refrigerator available– Pair with the FFAR24LMED2 to create a complete set
- Factory reversible door– Standard unit ships with a right hand door swing. For a left hand door swing, add option LHD upon order (due to its construction, this door is not reversible in the field)
- Extended warranty– This unit comes with a two-year limited warranty on parts & labor and five-year warranty on the compressor
- Approved for use in the USA and Canada– ETL and ETL-C listed for North American sales
- 100% CFC free– Environmentally friendly design without ozone-damaging chemicals
Medical Freezer Overview:
- Height of Cabinet– 21.75″ (55 cm)
- Width– 18.5″ (47 cm)
- Depth– 17.63″ (45 cm)
- Depth with door at 90°– 34.5″ (88 cm)
- Capacity– 1.4 cu.ft. (40 L)
- Defrost Type– Manual
- Door– White
- Cabinet– White
- US Electrical Safety– ETL
- Canadian Electrical Safety– ETL-C
- Amps– 0.8
- Weight– 40.0 lbs. (18 kg)
- Shipping Weight– 42.0 lbs. (19 kg)
- Estimated Time to Ship– 5 to 7 days
- Parts & Labor Warranty– 2 Years
- Compressor Warranty– 5 Years
- Door Swing– RHD
- Reversible– Factory Reversible
- Interior Height– 14.38″ (37 cm)
- Interior Width– 13.5″ (34 cm)
- Interior Depth– 13.25″ (34 cm)
- Shelf Type– Wire
- Shelf Qty– 1
- Thermostat Type– Dial
- Refrigerant Type– R134a
- Refrigerant Amount– 1.5 oz.
- Level Legs– 2
- Compressor Step Height– 8.5″ (22 cm)
- Compressor Step Depth– 6.0″ (15 cm)
- Temperature Range– -20º to -15ºC
Summit Appliance manufactures compact and specialty major appliances: including refrigerators, freezers, laboratory and scientific refrigeration and refrigerated and freezer drawers. Our products are grouped into: laboratory, medical and scientific refrigerators and freezers.
Medical Equipment for Medical Professionals