Summit FF28LWHMED2 Compact Medical Vaccine Refrigerator
Accucold’s MED2 series puts the most commonly requested features into a quality line of all-refrigerators and freezers specially designed to store vaccines and other sensitive materials in medical, scientific, pharmaceutical, and laboratory institutions.
The Summit FF28LWHMED2 Compact Medical Vaccine Refrigerator is a compact all-refrigerator sized for countertop use. It comes in a white finish with a blue top-mounted control panel that allows users to adjust and monitor the temperature without opening the door. A hospital grade ‘green dot’ cord offers added safety in high traffic environments and a factory-installed lock provides keyed security for sensitive items.
As recommended by the CDC and VFC programs, the FF28LWHMED2 is equipped with a NIST calibrated thermometer that displays the current, minimum, and maximum temperatures to the nearest tenth of a degree with a readout viewable in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Each FF28LWHMED2 ships with a certificate of calibration for your records. The thermometer includes an audible alarm to warn users if the interior has gone out of the programmed temperature range. The buffered temperature probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle and secured inside the fixed center wire shelf to best simulate the temperature of other stored contents, resulting in the utmost accuracy for temperature reporting. We include a pre-installed 3/8″ probe hole for users who wish to install additional monitoring equipment.
The 2.4 cu.ft. interior capacity includes wire shelving for optimum circulation, with one center fixed shelf to keep the temperature probe in place anda removable half shelf that can be positioned above the compressor step. This unit has a flat door liner as recommended by the CDC to protect stored items from too much exposure to ambient temperature when the door is opened. An internal fan ensures the interior is evenly cooled from top to bottom.
All MED2 series units are assembled in the USA from domestic and imported components. The FF28LWHMED2 can be paired with a matching all-freezer (FS30LMED2). This unit can also be customized with additional features, including a self-closing door or USB temperature logger with a digital display. Contact our product specialists to learn more. Products in the MED2 series come with a two year warranty on parts and labor and a five year warranty on the compressor.
*NOTE: This unit’s thermostat is pre-set for Celsius. If you prefer Fahrenheit, add complimentary option DTMEDF or let your sales representative know upon order.
NOTE: Accucold refrigerators are purpose-built to the support meeting the current CDC (Centers for Disease Control) guidelines for the storage of vaccines. At this time, Accucold refrigerators have not been evaluated to the new NSF 456 standard. As referenced in the current Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit, these units incorporate microprocessor controls and forced air circulation for stable operation between 2 and 8ºC. For additional temperature assurance, the CDC recommends a calibrated digital data logger (DDL), which can be added with the factory-installed option DL2B or addition of the DL2BKit accessory.
Compact Medical Refrigerator Features:
- Reliable temperature stability– Designed and engineered to store vaccines and other sensitive materials under stable temperature conditions.
- Digital thermostat– Digital microprocessor for easy and precise temperature management, with all controls externally located for added convenience.
- High/low temperature alarm– Audible alarm sounds if the interior temperature rises or falls out of set range.
- NIST calibrated temperature display– Alarm includes continuous NIST calibrated display of the current interior and high/low temperature, and can be switched from Celsius to Fahrenheit at the touch of a button.
- Buffered temperature probe– Thermometer probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle and stored in a fixed box on the center shelf. This is the ideal way to produce temperature readings closest to stored contents, as recommended by the CDC and VFC’s guidelines.
- Factory installed lock– Keyed lock for added security, with two keys included.
- Automatic defrost– Reduced maintenance with auto defrost system.
- Internal fan– Fan-forced cooling ensures the unit is evenly cooled from top to bottom.
- Flat door liner– Interior design conforms to CDC guidelines to ensure stable conditions for sensitive materials.
3/8″ access port– Unit comes with a factory installed probe hole for users to connect their own monitoring equipment.
- Adjustable shelf– Rearrange refrigerator space to accommodate all sizes or remove shelves for simple cleanup.
- Hospital grade cord with ‘green dot’ plug– Secure three-pronged cord for added unit safety in high traffic areas.
- Foamed-in-place cabinet– Quality design ensures efficiently insulated interior
- Magnetic door gasket– Quality door gaskets ensure a tight seal for energy savings and improved performance.
- Matching freezer available– Pair with the FS30LMED2 to create a complete set
- Factory reversible door– Standard unit ships with a right hand door swing. For a left hand door swing, add option LHD upon order (due to its construction, this door is not reversible in the field).
- Extended warranty– This unit comes with a two-year limited warranty on parts & labor and five-year warranty on the compressor.
- Approved for use in the USA and Canada– ETL and ETL-C listed for North American sales.
- 100% CFC Free– Environmentally friendly design with no ozone-damaging chemicals.
- CARB Compliant– Eco-friendly hydrocarbon-based refrigerant for a greener footprint that meets current CARB regulations
Compact Medical Refrigerator Specifications:
- Height of Cabinet– 26.63″
- Width– 18.5″
- Depth– 17.75″
- Depth with door at 90°– 34.5″
- Capacity– 2.4 cu.ft.
- Defrost Type– Automatic
- Door– White
- Cabinet– White
- US Electrical Safety– ETL
- Canadian Electrical Safety– ETL-C
- Amps– 0.7
- Voltage/Frequency– 115 V AC/60 Hz
- Weight– 45.0 lbs.
- Shipping Weight– 50.0 lbs.
- Parts & Labor Warranty– 2 Years
- Compressor Warranty– 5 Years
Compact Medical Refrigerator Features:
- Door Swing– RHD
- Reversible– Factory Reversible
- Shelf Type– Wire
- Shelf Qty– 2
- Thermostat Type– Digital
- Fan Type– Interior
- Refrigerant Type– R600a
- Refrigerant Amount– 0.07oz.
- High Side PSI– 120.0
- Low Side PSI– 70.0
- Level Legs Qty– 2
- Temperature Range– 2 to 8ºC
Compact Medical Refrigerator Dimensions:
- Interior Height– 20.5″
- Interior Width– 15.5″
- Interior Depth– 13.5″
- Compressor Step Height– 7.75″
- Compressor Step Width– 15.5″
- Compressor Step Depth– 5.5″
Summit Appliance manufactures compact and specialty major appliances: including refrigerators, freezers, laboratory and scientific refrigeration and refrigerated and freezer drawers. Our products are grouped into: laboratory, medical and scientific refrigerators and freezers.