Summit VT73 Medical Chest Freezer -30º C Low Temperature
Accucold’s low temperature laboratory series includes a range of chest freezers capable of operating at -30º C (-22º F).
The Summit VT73 Medical Chest Freezer -30º C Low Temperature is a manual defrost chest freezer with 6.7 cu.ft. of storage capacity designed to store laboratory and institutional materials at -30ºC. It includes a digital thermostat and high/low temperature alarm with an external temperature readout, calibrated to NIST standards in our ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accredited laboratory. We include a 2-year certificate of calibration for your records, as well as the option of re-calibrating your temperature probe at the time of its expiration.
This freezer comes in a white finish with stainless steel bumpers pre-installed on the front corners for added protection in high traffic settings. The counterbalanced hinges allow you to keep the lid open when loading and unloading, with an easy grab handle and keyed lock included. The hammered aluminum interior includes two wire storage baskets.
Additional sizes in our -30ºC series are available, as well as lower temperature options. Browse the complete Accucold lineup or contact our product specialists to best meet your cold storage equipment needs.
NOTE: Accucold freezers are purpose-built to the support meeting the current CDC (Centers for Disease Control) guidelines for the storage of vaccines. As referenced in the current Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit, these units incorporate several key features for stable operation. For additional temperature assurance, the CDC recommends a calibrated digital data logger (DDL), which can be added with the factory-installed option DL2B or addition of the DL2BKit accessory. Select Accucold products have been tested and certified to the new NSF 456 standard, and are now available for purchase. For additional information, contact our products specialists.
Chest Freezer Features:
- Low temperature chest freezer– Operates at -30ºC for use in laboratories, research facilities, and other settings with lower temperature cold storage needs
- NIST calibrated temperature display– Alarm includes continuous NIST calibrated display of the current interior and high/low temperature, and can be switched from Celsius to Fahrenheit at the touch of a button
- High/low temperature alarm– Audible alarm sounds if the interior temperature rises or falls out of set range
- Certificate of calibration– 2-year certificate included for your records
- Buffered temperature probe– Thermometer probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle and stored in a fixed box on the center shelf. This is the ideal way to produce temperature readings closest to stored contents, as recommended by the CDC and VFC’s guidelines
- Factory-installed lock– Added security with a locking lid (2 keys included)
- Manual defrost operation– Static cooling system with a front drain for easier defrosting as needed
- Digital controls– Externally located digital thermostat allows you to adjust the temperature as needed without opening the lid
- Counterbalanced hinges– The lid will remain open once lifted for easier loading
- Thick insulation– Solid walls ensure proper insulation for reliable storage
- Stainless steel front corner protectors– Factory-installed external “bumpers” to help protect the corners in busy high traffic environments
- Hammered aluminum interior– Solid construction for durable storage in busy settings
- Easy-grip handle– External handle for easy opening
- Storage baskets– Two removable wire baskets included
- Removable divider– Slide-out wire divider lets you separate storage being kept on the right side of the freezer
- White exterior– Clean white finish fits well in any establishment
- Right angle plug– Cord features a space-saving right angle plug design to not protrude when plugged into an outlet
- Commercially listed– ETL-S listed to ANSI-NSF Standard 7
- 100% CFC free– Environmentally friendly design without ozone-damaging chemicals
- CARB Compliant– Eco-friendly hydrocarbon-based refrigerant for a greener footprint that meets current CARB regulations
Chest Freezer Specifications:
- Height of Cabinet– 33.25″
- Width– 37.5″
- Depth– 22.25″
- Capacity– 6.7 cu.ft.
- Defrost Type– Manual
- Door– White
- Cabinet– White
- US Electrical Safety– UL
- Canadian Electrical Safety– ULC
- Sanitation– UL-S
- Amps– 1.4
- Voltage/Frequency– 115 V AC/60 Hz
- Weight– 86.0.0 lbs.
- Parts & Labor Warranty– 1 Year
- Compressor Warranty– 5 Years
- Door Swing– Lift-Up
- Interior Height– 26.0″
- Interior Width– 32.0″
- Interior Depth– 15.0″
- Thermostat Type– Digital
- Refrigerant Type– R600a
- Refrigerant Amount– 1.76 oz.
- High Side PSI– 300.0
- Low Side PSI– 130.0
- Compressor Step Height– 8.75″
- Compressor Step Width– 7.75″
- Compressor Step Depth– 15.0″
Summit Appliance manufactures compact and specialty major appliances: including refrigerators, freezers, laboratory and scientific refrigeration and refrigerated and freezer drawers. Our products are grouped into: laboratory, medical and scientific refrigerators and freezers.