Summit AFZ5PVBIADA Medical Vaccine ADA Freezer
Accucold’s Pharma-Vac Performance Series are upright freezers are designed and purpose-built for pharmacy, medication, and vaccine applications to support meeting CDC/VFC guidelines.
The Summit AFZ5PVBIADA Medical Vaccine ADA Freezer is a 3.88 cu.ft. all-freezer with a temperature range of -30°C to -10°C as recommended for a variety of vaccines and pharmaceuticals. It is designed for freestanding or recessed installation and sized just under 32″ high to fit under lower counters complying with ADA guidelines for accessibility. The microprocessor temperature controller is externally located to minimize door openings, helping to protect stored contents from ambient temperature. The buffered temperature probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle to better simulate temperature of the stored product, with an additional sensor that reads air temperature to ensure superior temperature control. The current and min/max temperature display is viewable in Celsius or Fahrenheit to the nearest tenth of a degree. The audible and visual temperature alarm sounds if the unit’s interior goes out of range. Additional alarms include a power failure alert, door open alarm, and sensor failure alarm. This model is equipped with remote alarm contacts in the rear and a 1/2″ probe port on the right side to accept additional monitoring devices. A hospital grade cord with ‘green dot’ plug is also included for added safety in high traffic areas.
Inside, this freezer features adjustable plastic-coated wire shelves that can be positioned at 1/2″ increments to accommodate virtually any sized item. This unit includes LED internal lighting with an on/off rocker switch. The interior is constructed from white powder coated metal to ensure added durability and better temperature retention. Static manual defrost cooling helps to ensure stable temperature conditions.
The Summit AFZ5PVBIADA Medical Vaccine ADA Freezer comes in a white cabinet finish with a blue accented control panel. The factory-installed antimicrobial handle is powder-coated with naturally occurring silver ions, which help to reduce the spread of germs, allowing for a safer, cleaner user experience. The user-reversible door ships with a right hand swing and self-closing function, while a factory-installed lock provides security as needed, with two keys for staff use. Powerful magnetic gaskets ensure a positive seal.
Designed with hydrocarbon refrigerant, Accucold Performance series freezers provide an energy efficient solution to vaccine storage. This unit is Pyxis, Omnicell, and AcuDose RX compatible. Additional sizes, as well as solid door options, are also available. Explore the full Pharma-Vac series at accucold.com/pharmavac.
NOTE: Accucold freezers are purpose-built to the support meeting the current CDC (Centers for Disease Control) guidelines for the storage of vaccines. For additional temperature assurance, the CDC recommends a calibrated digital data logger (DDL), which can be added with the factory-installed option DL2B or addition of the DL2BKit accessory.
- Performance Series freezer– Purpose-built all-freezer for vaccine storage in medical, pharmaceutical, and life science applications
- Purpose-built design– Designed and purpose-built for pharmacy, medication, and vaccine applications to support meeting CDC/VFC guidelines
- ADA Compliant– Just under 32″ tall designed to fit under ADA compliant counters
- Recessed or freestanding use– Versatile design allows recessed installation under counters or freestanding use
- +/-1ºC Variation– The published temperature variation is derived from the maximum deviation of an NTC sensor in a 1 oz. vial located nearest the chamber geometric center during a 24 hour test period
- Commercial design– Meets UL-471 commercial standards
- Adjustable temperature– Intuitive controls let you adjust the interior temperature between -30°C to -10ºC
- Temperature alarm– Visual and audible alarms alert if the interior temperature rises or falls out of set range
- Remote alarm contacts– Electronic controller is equipped with a volt-free contact for alarm forwarding to an external remote system (contacts located in the external rear of the unit)
- Manual defrost operation– Static cooling system for an efficient and stable interior
- Access port– Includes a pre-installed 1/2″ probe hole in the right interior wall to allow easier connection to user-provided monitoring equipment
- Open door alarm– Alarm will sound if the door is left ajar for over 4 minutes (adjustable from 1-99 minutes)
- Audible power failure alarm– Battery-powered alarm sounds if the power connection is interrupted
- Sensor failure alarm– Audible and visual alarm warns if the sensor is disrupted
- Password protection– Control panel requires password entry to adjust the parameters beyond the set point
- Microprocessor control panel– Digital controls with a large LED readout in Celsius or Fahrenheit for intuitive temperature management
- Resettable min/max display– Control panel provides a readout of the low and high temperatures in 15 minute increments
- Factory-installed lock– Keyed lock conveniently located towards the top of the door for added security (2 keys included)
- Antimicrobial silver ion-coated handle– Powder-coated handle with naturally occurring silver ions to help reduce the spread of germs
- Adjustable plastic-coated wire shelves for improved circulation– Shelves can be positioned with a front lip for small storage items or reversed to a flat position to better hold larger items, with multiple shelf positions spaced at 1/2″ to accommodate virtually any size
- Hospital grade cord with ‘green dot’ plug– Secure three-pronged cord for added unit safety
- Durable interior– Walls are constructed from white powder coated metal for added strength and improved temperature retention
- Interior light– Energy efficient LED lighting with internal on/off switch
- Self-closing door– Added protection in busy settings; NOTE: door is not self-closing once reversed to an LHD swing
- Reversible door– User-reversible door swing for added flexibility
- Magnetic door gasket– Quality door gaskets ensure a tight seal for energy savings and improved performance
- Fully finished white cabinet– Allows the unit to be used freestanding
- Extended warranty– 2 years parts and labor/5 years compressor
- Eco-Friendly– Using environmentally friendly hydrocarbons refrigerants for a greener footprint
- Usage stickers– Ships with removable warning stickers for “DO NOT UNPLUG,” “DO NOT ADJUST TEMPERATURE,” and “DO NOT STORE PERSONAL ITEMS”
- Matching refrigerator– Pair with Accucold ARS62PVBIADA (solid door) or ARG61PVBIADA (glass door) as a stackable or side-by-side set
- Versatile design– Compatible with Pyxis®, Omnicell®, and AcuDose RX®
- CARB Compliant– Eco-friendly hydrocarbon-based refrigerant for a greener footprint that meets current CARB regulations
- 100% CFC free– Environmentally friendly design without ozone-damaging chemicals
- Height of Cabinet– 31.75″
- Width– 23.38″
- Width with Door Open– 23.88″
- Depth– 25.0″
- Depth with Handle– 26.75″
- Depth with door at 90°– 47.0″
- Capacity– 3.88 cu.ft.
- Defrost Type– Manual
- Door– White
- Cabinet– White
- US Electrical Safety– ETL
- Canadian Electrical Safety– ETL-C
- Amps– 1.3
- Voltage/Frequency– 115 V AC/60 Hz
- Weight– 125.0 lbs.
- Shipping Weight– 165.0 lbs.
- Parts & Labor Warranty– 2 Years
- Compressor Warranty– 5 Years
- Door Swing– RHD
- Reversible– Yes
- Interior Height– 22.5″
- Interior Width– 18.0″
- Interior Depth– 18.0″
- Shelf Type– Wire
- Shelf Qty– 4
- Adjustable Shelves– Yes
- Thermostat Type– Digital
- Interior Light– Yes
- Refrigerant Type– R290a
- Refrigerant Amount– 1.73 oz.
- High Side PSI– 280.0
- Low Side PSI– 130.0
- Compressor Step Height– 6.5″
- Compressor Step Width– 18.0″
- Compressor Step Depth– 7.13″
- Temperature Range– -30 to -10ºC
Summit Appliance manufactures compact and specialty major appliances: including refrigerators, freezers, laboratory and scientific refrigeration and refrigerated and freezer drawers. Our products are grouped into: laboratory, medical and scientific refrigerators and freezers.